Plagiarism Check is most important aspect to keep in mind before posting a new blog. It helps you to avoid duplicay of the content.
Ctrl C + Ctrl V can define Plagiarism in the best way.
If you want to reduce the risk of Plagiarism. It is important to understand the concept and take the precautionary measures to avoid it. It is a very simple concept to understand. There are a few things to keep in mind while working on your content. Let’s discuss in detail to understand the effects it creates on the blogs.
What is Plagiarism?
The other word for Plagiarism is the duplicity of the content or similar content can be used in multiple blogs/web pages.
If someone is writing a content for there blog page and took the content from some other blog to used it for them without taking the permission, is an example of Plagiarism.
If someone refers to content from other sources and try to change use it by changing it a little bit also comes in the category of plagiarism.
If you are using your own content and repeating it into your blog on different pages is also consider as Plagiarism.
What is Plagiarism Check?
There are two ways to check the plagiarism of the content :
- Copy, paste the content on google/bing and hit enter if the content is already present on the search engines it will automatically be popped up and shows you on the SERP. I called it doing it manually.
- There are free as well as paid tools available in the market. These tools help the content creator to execute Plagiarism check with the detailed report.
How it can effect your blog?
Search engines never appreciate such tricks as most of the time they block the domains. Even its, not an ethical practice to do so. In simple language, we can understand this as
- It will affect your SEO and ranking.
- It will lead the blog to decrease the domain authority.
- If the content is copyright protected, the concerned person can raise a complaint against the blog and its owner for using it without the permission.
- It may lead to blocking your page or even loss of domain.
- Even the blog itself cannot use the same content on other blog pages itself without informing to search engines.
How to avoid this
Google clearly published its guidelines to avoid creating duplicate content. Google published this article in a detailed manner. The important points are
- Work on your article with relax mind. Try to be original and not to copy from any other source.
- If the content is used again even from your own blog for the same blog. Google should be informed about it. This is called Canonicalisation.
- Create your own content based on your understanding before referring to some other blog or webpage.
- Changing minor if’s and but’s won’t help to avoid duplicity in the eyes of search engines.
- Avoid publishing pages or blogs in which there is no content available. These pages are known as Stubs.
- Keep your Url structure simple and easy to crawl for search engines.
- If you are using quotes just make sure to give credit to that URL.
Plagiarism check is important to rank and maintain the authority of your domain. Keep a check on these elements.
If you have any query, please comment down below.